IFS brings an innovative, new perspective to working with people with addictions and eating disorders. The current field is replete with treatment modalities and information that often offer conflicting ideas about how to best treat addictions and eating disorders. IFS can move us into a new dimension of treatment with this challenging population and offers ways to neutralize polarizations that can occur in the traditional treatment milieu. IFS also enables us to access and heal the beliefs, burdens, emotions and energies carried by parts of the client that are masked by addictions and eating disorders.This training will focus on:
- Viewing addictions and eating disorders through the lens of IFS;
- Practical application of IFS to treatment; and
- The importance of Self-energy in the healing process.
- Participants will learn:
- How to define and view addictions and eating disorders from the IFS perspective;
- How to apply basic, key concepts of IFS to addictions and eating disorders;
- To develop an IFS skill set, including techniques such as un-blending, collaboration and
- negotiation, and direct access with extreme firefighters;
- Steps for healing the shame, fear, trauma and legacy burdens underneath;
- How to identify and address treatment constraints;
- IFS-based family, couples, and group work with addictions and eating disorders; and
- Integration of IFS with other treatment modalities and self-help groups, including the 12
IFS theory and technique are important, but knowledge of the impact our selves and our parts have on clients is essential for a positive outcome. In the safe and nurturing atmosphere of the training, participants will be invited to explore their own parts that may affect their work with clients. In this context, participants will be encouraged to:
- Recognize and acknowledge their personal beliefs and reactions towards addictions and eating disorders (extreme firefighters);
- Explore their cultural/legacy burdens regarding addictions and eating disorders; and
- Experience ways to access and maintain Self-energy when working with clients.
- Format: The format includes lecture, large and small group discussion, experiential exercises, practice in groups, and live demonstration.
There are no reviews yet.